Assessment Programme for Family-Owned Businesses
According to the Institute of Family Business (IFB) there are over 5,000,000 family-owned businesses in the UK. 98% are SME’s. With a similar percentage being micro and small-size (less than £5m turnover). Family-owned businesses are the bedrock of our economy, each one unique, complex and in the majority, exceptional employers.
The gear-shift required to transition a family-owned business from lifestyle performance to scale-up and beyond, can often be a shock to the system.
Are You Scale-Up Ready?® Assessment Plan, Mel Archbould, Cloud-Busting founder, works directly with you, the family and the Leadership Team to carefully and respectfully walk-through all aspects of your business, assessing how Scale-Up Ready your family-owned business is.
Designed to explore how prepared your business is to SCALE-UP. The programme helps you understand where your business is by identifying the dark clouds looming and the steps to put in place to deal with or avoid them impacting on your business.
|Duration||6 Month Programme|
|Who For||Managing Directors / CEO|
Executive Director Team (max 5 + MD)
Key family members
|Commitment||6 hours per session|
6 monthly sessions
2 hour Monthly MD Sounding-Board 1-2-1 (Zoom, Teams or Face-to-Face) with Mel Archbould
2 Family Council Meetings pre and post programme
- MD / Leadership Team Shadow-Day On-site
- Pre-Programme Family Council Meeting (half-day or one day depending on number of members)
- Are You Scale-Up Ready? ® In-Depth Scorecard
- Results + Programme Fine-Tuning
- Deep Dive covering two – three business topics per session (over 6 hours)
- Current Performance – SWOT + metrics
- Required Future Performance – we work 3 years & 10 years ahead
- Reverse Engineer to current performance – identifying current or future potential clouds
- Explore solutions and strategy
- Agree Implementation Plan, based on SMART goals and clear accountability
1. Leadership Check-in
2. How compelling is your Vision?
3. How aligned is your vision with the family vision?
4. Does the Organisation Structure meet the business needs?
5. Are your Customers crazy for you?
6. Are your Customers crazy for you?
7. Is your Marketing Machine best-suited to grow your business?
8. What is your working Sales Process?
9. Are your Systems & Processes scalable?
10. Innovation, Product & Service Review
11. How well are you embracing Technology?
12. Where are you on the roadmap to achieving Operational Excellence?
13. Financial Strength – where are you on the scale?
14. What is the family’s financial reliance on the business?
15. When to deploy each critical Leadership strength?
Are You Scale-Up Ready? Action Plan Delivery
By signing up to the Are you Scale-Up Ready?® Programme, you will also receive 6 x MD Sounding-Board sessions (one per month) over the course of the programme.
A confidential 2 hour session with Mel Archbould every month. You set the agenda, discuss whatever you need to resolve issues, prepare for difficult conversations, bounce around new ideas, discuss challenges on the horizon.
Here at Cloud-Busting we know implementing actions and strategy is the hardest part. Roll up your sleeves, maintain focus, stick to your diary commitments made in Session 6. It is all too easy to slip back into bad habits, focus on the wrong areas, allow distractions to takeover. Maintaining complete alignment between family, leadership team and employees is critical for scale-up success.
To ensure you get FULL value from this programme, we conduct 2 x post-programme follow-ups as part of the Programme Fee.
Half-day on-site review 1 month post-programme.
Half-day on-site review 3 month post-programme.
Post-Programme Family Council Meeting – to consider next steps for the family as the business scales
Talking with business leaders of other organisations going through a similar journey is a fantastic way to explore and learn about new approaches, sharing experiences, helping each other. From time to time Cloud-Busting puts on social events where business leaders can meet up. There is a Cloud-Busting Community LinkedIn group and Facebook group for instant sharing of great news and successes!
Price on application (individual & group pricing available)
10% discount for 100% payment pre-programme
Includes all course materials, reading material.
Monthly Payment £2,916.66 + VAT = £3500.00 per month by GoCardless
Save 10% – One-off upfront Payment £15,750 + VAT = £18,900.00
Visa & Mastercard credit cards are accepted